Meaning of authentic
Pronunciation: (ô-then'tik), [key]
- not false or copied; genuine; real: an authentic antique.
- having the origin supported by unquestionable evidence; authenticated; verified: an authentic document of the Middle Ages; an authentic work of the old master.
- entitled to acceptance or belief because of agreement with known facts or experience; reliable; trustworthy: an authentic report on poverty in Africa.
- executed with all due formalities: an authentic deed.
- (of a church mode) having a range extending from the final to the octave above. Cf. plagal.
- (of a cadence) consisting of a dominant harmony followed by a tonic.
- authentic (Thesaurus)