Meaning of audio
Pronunciation: (ô'dē-ō"), [key]
- designating an electronic apparatus using audio frequencies: audio amplifier.
- of, pertaining to, or employed in the transmission, reception, or reproduction of sound.
- of or pertaining to frequencies or signals in the audible range.
- the audio elements of television (distinguished from video).
- the circuits in a receiver for reproducing sound.
- the audio part of a television broadcast.
- the field of sound recording, transmission, reception, and reproduction.
- a combining form used in the formation of compound words, with the meanings: “sound within the range of human hearing” (audiometer); “hearing” (audiology); “sound reproduction” (audiophile).
- audio (Thesaurus)