attachment: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (u-tach'munt), [key]
- an act of attaching or the state of being attached.
- a feeling that binds one to a person, thing, cause, ideal, or the like; devotion; regard: a fond attachment to his cousin; a profound attachment to the cause of peace.
- something that attaches; a fastening or tie: the attachments of a harness; the attachments of a pair of skis.
- an additional or supplementary device: attachments for an electric drill.
- seizure of property or person by legal authority, esp. seizure of a defendant's property to prevent its dissipation before trial or to acquire jurisdiction over it.
- something attached, as a document added to a letter.
- attachment (Thesaurus)