athletic: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ath-let'ik), [key]
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.
- physically active and strong; good at athletics or sports: an athletic child.
- of, like, or befitting an athlete.
- of or pertaining to athletes; involving the use of physical skills or capabilities, as strength, agility, or stamina: athletic sports; athletic training.
- for athletics: an athletic field.
- (of a physical type) having a sturdy build or well-proportioned body structure. Cf. asthenic (def. 2),(def. 1).