asset: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (as'et), [key]
- a useful and desirable thing or quality: Organizational ability is an asset.
- a single item of ownership having exchange value.
- items of ownership convertible into cash; total resources of a person or business, as cash, notes and accounts receivable, securities, inventories, goodwill, fixtures, machinery, or real estate (opposed to liabilities).
- Accounting.the items detailed on a balance sheet, esp. in relation to liabilities and capital.
- all property available for the payment of debts, esp. of a bankrupt or insolvent firm or person.
- Law.property in the hands of an heir, executor, or administrator, that is sufficient to pay the debts or legacies of a deceased person.
- asset (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.