Meaning of artistic
Pronunciation: (är-tis'tik), [key]
- conforming to the standards of art; satisfying aesthetic requirements: artistic productions.
- showing skill or excellence in execution: artistic workmanship.
- exhibiting taste, discriminating judgment, or sensitivity: an artistic arrangement of flowers; artistic handling of a delicate diplomatic situation.
- exhibiting an involvement in or appreciation of art, esp. the fine arts: He had wide-ranging artistic interests.
- involving only aesthetic considerations, usually taken as excluding moral, practical, religious, political, or similar concerns: artistic principles.
- of art or artists: artistic works.
- of, like, or thought of as characteristic of an artist: an artistic temperament.
- artistic (Thesaurus)