arbor: Meaning and Definition of
- a leafy, shady recess formed by tree branches, shrubs, etc.
- a latticework bower intertwined with climbing vines and flowers.
- a grass plot; lawn; garden; orchard.
- a bar, shaft, or axis that holds, turns, or supports a rotating cutting tool or grinding wheel, often having a tapered shank fitting tightly into the spindle of a machine tool. Cf. mandrel.
- a beam, shaft, axle, or spindle.
- a reinforcing member of a core or mold.
— pl. ar•bo•res
- a tree.
- arbor (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.