apocalypse: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (u-pok'u-lips), [key]
- (cap.) revelation (def. 4).
- any of a class of Jewish or Christian writings that appeared from about 200 b.c. to a.d. 350 and were assumed to make revelations of the ultimate divine purpose.
- a prophetic revelation, esp. concerning a cataclysm in which the forces of good permanently triumph over the forces of evil.
- any revelation or prophecy.
- any universal or widespread destruction or disaster: the apocalypse of nuclear war.
- apocalypse (Thesaurus)