Meaning of anomaly
Pronunciation: (u-nom'u-lē), [key]
— pl. -lies.
- a deviation from the common rule, type, arrangement, or form.
- someone or something anomalous: With his quiet nature, he was an anomaly in his exuberant family.
- an odd, peculiar, or strange condition, situation, quality, etc.
- an incongruity or inconsistency.
- a quantity measured in degrees, defining the position of an orbiting body with respect to the point at which it is nearest to or farthest from its primary.
- the amount of deviation of a meteorological quantity from the accepted normal value of that quantity.
- anomaly (Thesaurus)