Meaning of analyze
Pronunciation: (an'l-īz"), [key]
— -lyzed, -lyz•ing.
- to separate (a material or abstract entity) into constituent parts or elements; determine the elements or essential features of (opposed to synthesize): to analyze an argument.
- to examine critically, so as to bring out the essential elements or give the essence of: to analyze a poem.
- to examine carefully and in detail so as to identify causes, key factors, possible results, etc.
- to subject to mathematical, chemical, grammatical, etc., analysis.
- to psychoanalyze: a patient who has been analyzed by two therapists.
- analyze (Thesaurus)