Meaning of analytic
Pronunciation: (an"l-it'ik), [key]
- pertaining to or proceeding by analysis (opposed to synthetic).
- skilled in or habitually using analysis.
- (of a language) characterized by a relatively frequent use of function words, auxiliary verbs, and changes in word order to express syntactic relations, rather than of inflected forms. Cf. synthetic (def. 3),(def. 1).
- (of a proposition) necessarily true because its denial involves a contradiction, as “All husbands are married.”
- (of a function of a complex variable) having a first derivative at all points of a given domain; holomorphic; regular.
- (of a curve) having parametric equations that represent analytic functions.
- (of a proof&hasp;) using analysis.
- analytic (Thesaurus)