Meaning of amplitude
Pronunciation: (am'pli-td", -tyd"), [key]
- the state or quality of being ample, esp. as to breadth or width; largeness; greatness of extent.
- large or full measure; abundance; copiousness.
- mental range, scope, or capacity.
- the absolute value of the maximum displacement from a zero value during one period of an oscillation.
- the maximum deviation of an alternating current from its average value.
- the arc of the horizon measured from the east or west point to the point where a vertical circle through a heavenly body would intersect the horizon.
- argument (def. 8b).
- amplitude (Thesaurus)