Allen: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (al'un), [key]
- (“Cecil Power,” “J. Arbuthnot Wilson”), 1848–99, British philosophical writer and novelist.
- 1738–89, American soldier in the Revolutionary War: leader of the “Green Mountain Boys” of Vermont.
- (John Florence Sullivan), 1894–1956, U.S. comedian.
- 1890–1954, U.S. historian and editor.
- (Grace Ethel Cecile Rosalie Allen), 1905–64, U.S. comedian (partner and wife of George Burns).
- 1760–1831, U.S. clergyman: a founder of the African Methodist Episcopal Church.
- 1889–1949, U.S. novelist, poet, and biographer.
- (Allen Stewart Konigsberg), born 1935, U.S. comedian, author, actor, and filmmaker.
- a male given name.
- allen (Thesaurus)