Meaning of alignment
Pronunciation: (u-līn'munt), [key]
- an adjustment to a line; arrangement in a straight line.
- the line or lines so formed.
- the proper adjustment of the components of an electronic circuit, machine, etc., for coordinated functioning: The front wheels of the car are out of alignment.
- a state of agreement or cooperation among persons, groups, nations, etc., with a common cause or viewpoint.
- a ground plan of a railroad or highway.
- a line or an arrangement of parallel or converging lines of upright stones or menhirs.
- alignment (Thesaurus)