affiliate: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (v.u-fil'ē-āt"n.u-fil'ē-it, -āt"), [key]
— v., n. -at•ed, -at•ing,
- to bring into close association or connection: The research center is affiliated with the university.
- to attach or unite on terms of fellowship; associate (usually fol. by with in U.S. usage, by to in Brit. usage): to affiliate with the church.
- to trace the descent, derivation, or origin of: to affiliate a language.
- to adopt.
- to fix the paternity of, as an illegitimate child: The mother affiliated her child upon John Doe.
- to associate oneself; be intimately united in action or interest.
- a branch organization.
- a business concern owned or controlled in whole or in part by another concern.
- a subsidiary.
- a person who is affiliated; associate; auxiliary.
- affiliate (Thesaurus)