Meaning of adventure
Pronunciation: (ad-ven'chur), [key]
— n., v., -tured, -tur•ing.
- an exciting or very unusual experience.
- participation in exciting undertakings or enterprises: the spirit of adventure.
- a bold, usually risky undertaking; hazardous action of uncertain outcome.
- a commercial or financial speculation of any kind; venture.
- peril; danger; risk.
- chance; fortune; luck.
- to risk or hazard.
- to take the chance of; dare.
- to venture to say or utter: to adventure an opinion.
- to take the risk involved.
- to venture; hazard.
- adventure (Thesaurus)