Meaning of Aden
Pronunciation: (äd'n, ād'n), [key]
- a seaport in and the economic capital of the Republic of Yemen, in the S part: formerly the center of a British colony. 318,000.
- Also calleda former British colony on the Gulf of Aden and a member of the former Federation of South Arabia. 75 sq. mi. (194 sq. km).
- former name, until 1962, of the former Protectorate of South Arabia.
- an arm of the Arabian Sea between the E tip of Africa and the Arabian Peninsula.
- var. ofbefore a vowel: adenitis.
- Aden (Thesaurus)