accolade: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ak'u-lād", -läd"&wdspcak"u-lād', -läd'), [key]
- any award, honor, or laudatory notice: The play received accolades from the press.
- a light touch on the shoulder with the flat side of the sword or formerly by an embrace, done in the ceremony of conferring knighthood.
- the ceremony itself.
- a brace joining several staves.
- an archivolt or hood molding having more or less the form of an ogee arch.
- a decoration having more or less the form of an ogee arch, cut into a lintel or flat arch.
- accolade (Thesaurus)