Meaning of accession
Pronunciation: (ak-sesh'un), [key]
- the act of coming into the possession of a right, title, office, etc.: accession to the throne.
- an increase by something added: an accession of territory.
- something added: a list of accessions to the college library.
- addition to property by growth or improvement.
- consent; agreement; approval: accession to a demand.
- formal acceptance of a treaty, international convention, or other agreement between states.
- the act of coming near; approach.
- an attack or onset, as of a disease.
- to make a record of (a book, painting, etc.) in the order of acquisition.
- to acquire (a book, painting, etc.), esp. for a permanent collection.
- accession (Thesaurus)