acceptance: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ak-sep'tuns), [key]
- the act of taking or receiving something offered.
- favorable reception; approval; favor.
- the act of assenting or believing: acceptance of a theory.
- the fact or state of being accepted or acceptable.
- acceptation (def. 1).
- an engagement to pay an order, draft, or bill of exchange when it becomes due, as by the person on whom it is drawn.
- an order, draft, etc., that a person or bank has accepted as calling for payment and has thus promised to pay.
- acceptance (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.