abuse: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (v.u-byz'n.u-bys'), [key]
— v., n. a•bused, a•bus•ing,
- to use wrongly or improperly; misuse: to abuse one's authority.
- to treat in a harmful, injurious, or offensive way: to abuse a horse; to abuse one's eyesight.
- to speak insultingly, harshly, and unjustly to or about; revile; malign.
- to commit sexual assault upon.
- to deceive or mislead.
- to masturbate.
- wrong or improper use; misuse: the abuse of privileges.
- harshly or coarsely insulting language: The officer heaped abuse on his men.
- bad or improper treatment; maltreatment: The child was subjected to cruel abuse.
- a corrupt or improper practice or custom: the abuses of a totalitarian regime.
- rape or sexual assault.
- abuse (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.