about face: Meaning and Definition of
- (used as a military command to perform an about-face).
Pronunciation: (n.u-bout'fās", u-bout'fās'v.u-bout"fās'), [key]
— n., v., -faced, -fac•ing.
- a turn of 180° from the position of attention.
- a complete, sudden change in position, direction, principle, attitude, etc.: They've done an about-face in their foreign policy.
- to execute an about face.
- to turn in the opposite direction.
- to switch to an opposite opinion.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.