A New National Anthem
Published by Mrs. Shelley, "Poetical Works", 1839, 2nd edition.
1. God prosper, speed,and save, God raise from England's grave Her murdered Queen! Pave with swift victory The steps of Liberty, Whom Britons own to be Immortal Queen.
2. See, she comes throned on high, On swift Eternity! God save the Queen! Millions on millions wait, Firm, rapid, and elate, On her majestic state! God save the Queen!
3. She is Thine own pure soul Moulding the mighty whole,- God save the Queen! She is Thine own deep love Rained down from Heaven above,- Wherever she rest or move, God save our Queen!
4. 'Wilder her enemies In their own dark disguise,- God save our Queen! All earthly things that dare Her sacred name to bear, Strip them, as kings are, bare; God save the Queen!
5. Be her eternal throne Built in our hearts alone- God save the Queen! Let the oppressor hold Canopied seats of gold; She sits enthroned of old O'er our hearts Queen.
6. Lips touched by seraphim Breathe out the choral hymn 'God save the Queen!' Sweet as if angels sang, Loud as that trumpet's clang Wakening the world's dead gang,- God save the Queen!