WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Williams, Hank Williams, Hiram Williams, Hiram King Williams
- usage: United States country singer and songwriter (1923-1953)
- 2. Williams, Sir Bernard Williams, Bernard Arthur Owen Williams
- usage: English philosopher credited with reviving the field of moral philosophy (1929-2003)
- 3. Williams, William Carlos Williams
- usage: United States poet (1883-1963)
- 4. Williams, Ted Williams, Theodore Samuel Williams
- usage: United States baseball player noted as a hitter (1918-2002)
- 5. Williams, Roger Williams
- usage: English clergyman and colonist who was expelled from Massachusetts for criticizing Puritanism; he founded Providence in 1636 and obtained a royal charter for Rhode Island in 1663 (1603-1683)
- 6. Williams, Tennessee Williams, Thomas Lanier Williams
- usage: United States playwright (1911-1983)
All rights reserved.
See also: williams (Dictionary)