- 1. impact, wallop, consequence, effect, outcome, result, event, issue, upshot
- usage: a forceful consequence; a strong effect; "the book had an important impact on my thinking"; "the book packs a wallop"
- 2. wallop, blow
- usage: a severe blow
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. whack, wham, whop, wallop, hit
- usage: hit hard; "The teacher whacked the boy"
- 2. wallop, get the better of, overcome, defeat
- usage: defeat soundly and utterly; "We'll wallop them!"
All rights reserved.
See also: wallop (Dictionary)