- 1. veteran, veteran soldier, serviceman, military man, man, military personnel
- usage: a serviceman who has seen considerable active service; "the veterans laughed at the new recruits"
- 2. veteran, vet, ex-serviceman, serviceman, military man, man, military personnel
- usage: a person who has served in the armed forces
- 3. veteran, old-timer, oldtimer, old hand, warhorse, old stager, stager, expert
- usage: an experienced person who has been through many battles; someone who has given long service
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. seasoned, veteran(prenominal), experienced (vs. inexperienced), experient
- usage: rendered competent through trial and experience; "a seasoned traveler"; "veteran steadiness"; "a veteran officer"
All rights reserved.
See also: veteran (Dictionary)