veteran: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (vet'ur-un, ve'trun), [key]
- a person who has had long service or experience in an occupation, office, or the like: a veteran of the police force; a veteran of many sports competitions.
- a person who has served in a military force, esp. one who has fought in a war: a Vietnam veteran.
- (of soldiers) having had service or experience in warfare: veteran troops.
- experienced through long service or practice; having served for a long period: a veteran member of Congress.
- of, pertaining to, or characteristic of veterans.
- veteran (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.