- 1. vest, waistcoat, garment
- usage: a man's sleeveless garment worn underneath a coat
- 2. singlet, vest, undershirt, undergarment, unmentionable
- usage: a collarless men's undergarment for the upper part of the body
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. invest, vest, enthrone, install, instal
- usage: provide with power and authority; "They vested the council with special rights"
- 2. vest, give
- usage: place (authority, property, or rights) in the control of a person or group of persons; "She vested her vast fortune in her two sons"
- 3. vest, change hands, change owners
- usage: become legally vested; "The property vests in the trustees"
- 4. vest, dress, dress up
- usage: clothe oneself in ecclesiastical garments
- 5. vest, robe, dress, clothe, enclothe, garb, raiment, tog, garment, habilitate, fit out, apparel
- usage: clothe formally; especially in ecclesiastical robes
All rights reserved.
See also: vest (Dictionary)