- 1. scheme, strategy, plan of action
- usage: an elaborate and systematic plan of action
- 2. dodge, dodging, scheme, falsehood, falsity, untruth
- usage: a statement that evades the question by cleverness or trickery
- 3. system, scheme, group, grouping
- usage: a group of independent but interrelated elements comprising a unified whole; "a vast system of production and distribution and consumption keep the country going"
- 4. schema, scheme, representation, mental representation, internal representation
- usage: an internal representation of the world; an organization of concepts and actions that can be revised by new information about the world
- 5. outline, schema, scheme, plan, program, programme
- usage: a schematic or preliminary plan
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. scheme, intrigue, connive, plot
- usage: form intrigues (for) in an underhand manner
- 2. scheme, plan
- usage: devise a system or form a scheme for
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of scheme (Dictionary)