- 1. sandbag, bag
- usage: a bag filled with sand; used as a weapon or to build walls or as ballast
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sandbag, wrong
- usage: treat harshly or unfairly
- 2. dragoon, sandbag, railroad, coerce, hale, squeeze, pressure, force
- usage: compel by coercion, threats, or crude means; "They sandbagged him to make dinner for everyone"
- 3. sandbag, stun, hit
- usage: hit something or somebody as if with a sandbag
- 4. sandbag, misinform, mislead
- usage: downplay one's ability (towards others) in a game in order to deceive, as in gambling
- 5. sandbag, strengthen
- usage: protect or strengthen with sandbags; stop up; "The residents sandbagged the beach front"
All rights reserved.
See also: sandbag (Dictionary)