Synonyms of queer
- 1. fagot, faggot, fag, fairy, nance, pansy, queen, queer, poof, poove, pouf, gay man, shirtlifter
- usage: offensive term for an openly homosexual man
- 1. thwart, queer, spoil, scotch, foil, cross, frustrate, baffle, bilk, prevent, forestall, foreclose, preclude, forbid
- usage: hinder or prevent (the efforts, plans, or desires) of; "What ultimately frustrated every challenger was Ruth's amazing September surge"; "foil your opponent"
- 2. queer, expose, scupper, endanger, peril, affect, impact, bear upon, bear on, touch on, touch
- usage: put in a dangerous, disadvantageous, or difficult position
- 1. curious, funny, odd, peculiar, queer, rum, rummy, singular, strange (vs. familiar), unusual
- usage: beyond or deviating from the usual or expected; "a curious hybrid accent"; "her speech has a funny twang"; "they have some funny ideas about war"; "had an odd name"; "the peculiar aromatic odor of cloves"; "something definitely queer about this town"; "what a rum fellow"; "singular behavior"
- 2. gay, queer, homophile(prenominal), homosexual (vs. bisexual) (vs. heterosexual)
- usage: homosexual or arousing homosexual desires
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of queer (Dictionary)