queer: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kwēr), [key]
— adj., v., n. -er, -est,
- strange or odd from a conventional viewpoint; unusually different; singular: a queer notion of justice.
- of a questionable nature or character; suspicious; shady: Something queer about the language of the prospectus kept investors away.
- not feeling physically right or well; giddy, faint, or qualmish: to feel queer.
- mentally unbalanced or deranged.
- effeminate; unmanly.
- bad, worthless, or counterfeit.
- to spoil; ruin.
- to put (a person) in a hopeless or disadvantageous situation as to success, favor, etc.
- to jeopardize.
- to spoil the chances of success.
- . a homosexual, esp. a male homosexual.
- counterfeit money.
- queer (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.