- 1. commiseration, pity, ruth, pathos, sympathy, fellow feeling
- usage: a feeling of sympathy and sorrow for the misfortunes of others; "the blind are too often objects of pity"
- 2. pity, shame, misfortune, bad luck
- usage: an unfortunate development; "it's a pity he couldn't do it"
- 3. compassion, pity, mercifulness, mercy
- usage: the humane quality of understanding the suffering of others and wanting to do something about it
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. feel for, pity, compassionate, condole with, sympathize with, grieve, sorrow
- usage: share the suffering of
All rights reserved.
See also: pity (Dictionary)