- 1. piping, cord
- usage: a thin strip of covered cord used to edge hems
- 2. pipe, pipage, piping, tube, tubing
- usage: a long tube made of metal or plastic that is used to carry water or oil or gas etc.
- 3. piping, playing
- usage: playing a pipe or the bagpipes
- 1. shriek, shrill, pipe up, pipe, shout, shout out, cry, call, yell, scream, holler, hollo, squall
- usage: utter a shrill cry
- 2. pipe, transport
- usage: transport by pipeline; "pipe oil, water, and gas into the desert"
- 3. pipe, play
- usage: play on a pipe; "pipe a tune"
- 4. pipe, decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify
- usage: trim with piping; "pipe the skirt"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. piping, steaming
- usage: (used of heat) extremely; "the casserole was piping hot"
All rights reserved.
See also: piping (Dictionary)