Meaning of piping
Pronunciation: (pī'ping), [key]
- pipes collectively; a system or network of pipes.
- material formed into a pipe or pipes.
- the act of a person or thing that pipes.
- the sound of pipes.
- a shrill sound.
- the music of pipes.
- a cordlike ornamentation made of icing, used on pastry.
- a tubular band of ornamental material, sometimes containing a cord, used for trimming the edges and seams of clothing, upholstery, etc.
- characterized by the peaceful music of the pipe.
- playing on a musical pipe.
- that pipes.
- emitting a shrill sound: a piping voice.
- (of food or drink) very hot.
- piping (Thesaurus)