WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. doctrine, philosophy, philosophical system, school of thought, ism, belief
- usage: a belief (or system of beliefs) accepted as authoritative by some group or school
- 2. philosophy, humanistic discipline, humanities, liberal arts, arts
- usage: the rational investigation of questions about existence and knowledge and ethics
- 3. philosophy, belief
- usage: any personal belief about how to live or how to deal with a situation; "self-indulgence was his only philosophy"; "my father's philosophy of child-rearing was to let mother do it"
All rights reserved.
See also: philosophy (Dictionary)