Synonyms of packing
- 1. packing material, packing, wadding, material, stuff
- usage: any material used especially to protect something
- 2. packing, boxing, enclosure, enclosing, envelopment, inclosure
- usage: the enclosure of something in a package or box
- 3. packing, backpacking, carry
- usage: carrying something in a pack on the back; "the backpacking of oxygen is essential for astronauts"
- 1. pack, encase, incase, case
- usage: arrange in a container; "pack the books into the boxes"
- 2. pack, fill, fill up, make full
- usage: fill to capacity; "This singer always packs the concert halls"; "The murder trial packed the court house"
- 3. pack, bundle, wad, compact, arrange, set up
- usage: compress into a wad; "wad paper into the box"
- 4. pack, transport, carry
- usage: carry, as on one's back; "Pack your tents to the top of the mountain"
- 5. pack, appoint, name, nominate, constitute
- usage: set up a committee or legislative body with one's own supporters so as to influence the outcome; "pack a jury"
- 6. carry, pack, take, have, feature
- usage: have with oneself; have on one's person; "She always takes an umbrella"; "I always carry money"; "She packs a gun when she goes into the mountains"
- 7. throng, mob, pack, pile, jam, crowd, crowd together
- usage: press tightly together or cram; "The crowd packed the auditorium"
- 8. backpack, pack, hike
- usage: hike with a backpack; "Every summer they are backpacking in the Rockies"
- 9. tamp down, tamp, pack, compress, compact, pack together
- usage: press down tightly; "tamp the coffee grinds in the container to make espresso"
- 10. pack, seal, seal off
- usage: seal with packing; "pack the faucet"
- 11. compact, pack, be
- usage: have the property of being packable or of compacting easily; "This powder compacts easily"; "Such odd-shaped items do not pack well"
- 12. pack, load down, load, lade, laden, load up
- usage: load with a pack
- 13. pack, treat, care for
- usage: treat the body or any part of it by wrapping it, as with blankets or sheets, and applying compresses to it, or stuffing it to provide cover, containment, or therapy, or to absorb blood; "The nurse packed gauze in the wound"; "You had better pack your swollen ankle with ice"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of packing (Dictionary)