Meaning of packing
Pronunciation: (pak'ing), [key]
- the act or work of a person or thing that packs.
- the preparation and packaging of foodstuffs, esp. to be sold at wholesale.
- the way in which something is packed.
- an act or instance of transporting supplies, goods, etc., on the backs of horses, mules, or persons.
- material used to cushion or protect goods packed in a container.
- material, often in the form of a grease-impregnated fibrous ring, compressed inside a stuffing box or the like to prevent leakage around the moving shaft of an engine, pump, or valve.
- rubber, paper, or other material fastened to the tympan or cylinder of a press to provide pressure to produce a printed impression.
- packing (Thesaurus)