- 1. outward (vs. inward), external, outer, superficial
- usage: relating to physical reality rather than with thoughts or the mind; "a concern with outward beauty rather than with inward reflections"
- 2. outbound, outward, outward-bound, outgoing (vs. incoming)
- usage: that is going out or leaving; "the departing train"; "an outward journey"; "outward-bound ships"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. outward, outwards
- usage: toward the outside; "move the needle further outward!"
All rights reserved.
See also: outward (Dictionary)