- 1. following, next, succeeding(prenominal) (vs. preceding)
- usage: immediately following in time or order; "the following day"; "next in line"; "the next president"; "the next item on the list"
- 2. adjacent, next, side by side(predicate), close (vs. distant)
- usage: nearest in space or position; immediately adjoining without intervening space; "had adjacent rooms"; "in the next room"; "the person sitting next to me"; "our rooms were side by side"
- 3. future(prenominal), next, succeeding(prenominal), incoming (vs. outgoing)
- usage: (of elected officers) elected but not yet serving; "our next president"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. next
- usage: at the time or occasion immediately following; "next the doctor examined his back"
All rights reserved.
See also: next (Dictionary)