- 1. maneuver, manoeuvre, simulated military operation, operation, military operation
- usage: a military training exercise
- 2. tactic, tactics, maneuver, manoeuvre, plan of action
- usage: a plan for attaining a particular goal
- 3. maneuver, manoeuvre, play, motion, movement, move
- usage: a deliberate coordinated movement requiring dexterity and skill; "he made a great maneuver"; "the runner was out on a play by the shortstop"
- 4. maneuver, manoeuvre, tactical maneuver, tactical manoeuvre, move
- usage: a move made to gain a tactical end
- 5. maneuver, manoeuvre, evasive action, evasion
- usage: an action aimed at evading an opponent
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. steer, maneuver, manoeuver, manoeuvre, direct, point, head, guide, channelize, channelise, control, command
- usage: direct the course; determine the direction of travelling
- 2. maneuver, manoeuver, manoeuvre, act, move
- usage: act in order to achieve a certain goal; "He maneuvered to get the chairmanship"; "She maneuvered herself into the directorship"
- 3. manoeuver, maneuver, manoeuvre, operate, move, go
- usage: perform a movement in military or naval tactics in order to secure an advantage in attack or defense
All rights reserved.
See also: maneuver (Dictionary)