WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. linear (vs. nonlinear), additive, bilinear
- usage: designating or involving an equation whose terms are of the first degree
- 2. linear (vs. planar) (vs. cubic), one-dimensional, collinear, lineal, linelike, rectilinear, rectilineal
- usage: of or in or along or relating to a line; involving a single dimension; "a linear measurement"
- 3. analogue (vs. digital), analog, linear
- usage: of a circuit or device having an output that is proportional to the input; "analogue device"; "linear amplifier"
- 4. linear, elongate, simple (vs. compound), unsubdivided
- usage: (of a leaf shape) long and narrow
- 5. linear, running(prenominal), lengthwise (vs. crosswise), lengthways
- usage: measured lengthwise; "cost of lumber per running foot"
All rights reserved.
See also: linear (Dictionary)