- 1. knife, edge tool
- usage: edge tool used as a cutting instrument; has a pointed blade with a sharp edge and a handle
- 2. knife, weapon, arm, weapon system
- usage: a weapon with a handle and blade with a sharp point
- 3. tongue, knife, projection
- usage: any long thin projection that is transient; "tongues of flame licked at the walls"; "rifles exploded quick knives of fire into the dark"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. knife, stab, injure, wound
- usage: use a knife on; "The victim was knifed to death"
All rights reserved.
See also: knife (Dictionary)