- 1. impact, contact, impinging, striking
- usage: the striking of one body against another
- 2. impact, wallop, consequence, effect, outcome, result, event, issue, upshot
- usage: a forceful consequence; a strong effect; "the book had an important impact on my thinking"; "the book packs a wallop"
- 3. impingement, encroachment, impact, influence
- usage: influencing strongly; "they resented the impingement of American values on European culture"
- 4. shock, impact, fight, fighting, combat, scrap
- usage: the violent interaction of individuals or groups entering into combat; "the armies met in the shock of battle"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. impact, wedge, squeeze, force
- usage: press or wedge together; pack together
- 2. affect, impact, bear upon, bear on, touch on, touch, change, alter, modify
- usage: have an effect upon; "Will the new rules affect me?"
All rights reserved.
See also: impact (Dictionary)