WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. healthy (vs. unhealthy), flushed, rose-cheeked, rosy, rosy-cheeked, bouncing, firm, good, sound, hale, whole, hearty, hearty, full-blooded, lusty, red-blooded, anicteric, rock-loving, rubicund, ruddy, florid, sanguine, sun-loving, water-loving, well-preserved, wholesome, fit, robust, well, wholesome
- usage: having or indicating good health in body or mind; free from infirmity or disease; "a rosy healthy baby"; "staying fit and healthy"
- 2. healthy, sound (vs. unsound)
- usage: financially secure and functioning well; "a healthy economy"
- 3. healthy, salubrious, good for you(predicate), wholesome (vs. unwholesome)
- usage: promoting health; healthful; "a healthy diet"; "clean healthy air"; "plenty of healthy sleep"; "healthy and normal outlets for youthful energy"; "the salubrious mountain air and water"- C.B.Davis; "carrots are good for you"
- 4. healthy, intelligent, levelheaded, level-headed, sound, reasonable (vs. unreasonable), sensible
- usage: exercising or showing good judgment; "healthy scepticism"; "a healthy fear of rattlesnakes"; "the healthy attitude of French laws"; "healthy relations between labor and management"; "an intelligent solution"; "a sound approach to the problem"; "sound advice"; "no sound explanation for his decision"
- 5. goodly, goodish, healthy, hefty, respectable, sizable, sizeable, tidy, considerable (vs. inconsiderable)
- usage: large in amount or extent or degree; "it cost a considerable amount"; "a goodly amount"; "received a hefty bonus"; "a respectable sum"; "a tidy sum of money"; "a sizable fortune"
All rights reserved.
See also: healthy (Dictionary)