WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. frontier, wilderness, wild
- usage: a wilderness at the edge of a settled area of a country; "the individualism of the frontier in Andrew Jackson's day"
- 2. frontier, boundary, bound, bounds
- usage: an international boundary or the area (often fortified) immediately inside the boundary
- 3. frontier, discipline, subject, subject area, subject field, field, field of study, study, bailiwick
- usage: an undeveloped field of study; a topic inviting research and development; "he worked at the frontier of brain science"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of frontier (Dictionary)