Meaning of frontier
Pronunciation: (frun-tēr', fron- also, esp. Brit., frun'tēr), [key]
- the part of a country that borders another country; boundary; border.
- the land or territory that forms the furthest extent of a country's settled or inhabited regions.
- Often, the frontiers of physics.
- the limit of knowledge or the most advanced achievement in a particular field:the frontiers of physics.
- an outer limit in a field of endeavor, esp. one in which the opportunities for research and development have not been exploited:the frontiers of space exploration.
- boundary (def. 2).
- of, pertaining to, or located on the frontier: a frontier town.
- frontier (Thesaurus)