- 1. formative, language unit, linguistic unit
- usage: minimal language unit that has a syntactic (or morphological) function
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. formative, constructive (vs. destructive)
- usage: capable of forming new cells and tissues; "a formative zone in developing bone"
- 2. formative, shaping, plastic, constructive (vs. destructive)
- usage: forming or capable of forming or molding or fashioning; "a formative influence"; "a formative experience"
All rights reserved.
See also: formative (Dictionary)