- 1. fifth, United States liquid unit
- usage: a quantity of liquor equal to one fifth of a United States gallon
- 2. fifth, rank
- usage: position five in a countable series of things; "he was fifth out of several hundred runners"
- 3. one-fifth, fifth, fifth part, twenty percent, common fraction, simple fraction
- usage: one part in five equal parts
- 4. fifth, interval, musical interval
- usage: the musical interval between one note and another five notes away from it
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fifth, 5th, ordinal (vs. cardinal)
- usage: coming next after the fourth and just before the sixth in position
All rights reserved.
See also: fifth (Dictionary)