WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fender, wing, barrier
- usage: a barrier that surrounds the wheels of a vehicle to block splashing water or mud; "in Britain they call a fender a wing"
- 2. fender, buffer, cowcatcher, pilot, framework
- usage: an inclined metal frame at the front of a locomotive to clear the track
- 3. fender, guard, safety, safety device
- usage: a low metal guard to confine falling coals to a hearth
- 4. buffer, fender, device
- usage: a cushion-like device that reduces shock due to an impact
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of fender (Dictionary)